Top 5 Reasons Your Teen Should Attend Boarding School
Written by Craig Rogers,
in Section Mental Health
College prep boarding schools provide critical academic year-round programs that work to empower your teen in evolving academically, morally, and socially. The majority of teens who are enrolled in a college prep boarding school illustrate a significant increase in academic excellence, and have access to top–notch university preparation. Read on for the top five reasons to enroll your teen in a college prep boarding school:
1) College prep boarding schools focus on creating a classroom dynamic of vigorous academic excellence. Classes are usually small, with twelve to fourteen students making up the average class size. The teachers are experienced and knowledgeable in how to best observe the way your teen learns, and then to adjust their personal lessons and curriculum methods accordingly. They also prepare them for the various expectations for homework and studying that the teen will be expected to do in college.
2) College prep boarding schools offer the diverse experiences that universities are looking for when taking applicants. Cedar Ridge Academy hosts students from all 50 states and many international cities. Your teen will be better prepared for global realities by learning alongside such a widely diverse array of fellow students. When it comes to signing up for campus events, this diversity will provide your teen with an illustration of perspectives, languages, and cultures that differ from their own. Using these experiences in university application essays will give your teen the edge they need to achieve the academic excellence that comes with obtaining a higher education degree.
3) College prep boarding schools understand the fact that teenagers are dealing with myriad issues, from hormones to social drama. The vigorous curriculum of boarding schools enhance academic pursuits, but still offer a blended learning paradigm that helps your teen to successfully navigate the transition from adolescence to adulthood. Many college prep boarding schools understand that personal growth is a crucial part of teenage learning, and they work to provide important skills for the career field and for seeking higher education degrees.
4) The sports and clubs that are available to your teen at a college prep boarding school will prove to be valuable assets when it comes to bolstering your teen’s academic excellence. Not only are these activities going to pay off as application padding for any university later on, but they will also work on your teen’s social and networking skills. This is imperative for university and career situations, especially when it comes to the interviews for both.
5) Sending your teen to a college prep boarding school will provide them with the strength and independence they need to succeed in the real world. Once they have completed high school levels and enter a university, they are pretty much on their own. College prep boarding schools help to prepare them for that experience, as well as give them a taste of what the academics are like at a noteworthy university. College prep boarding schools prepare your teen for more than just academic experiences, they prepare your teen for adult life.
Cedar Ridge Academy is an international college preparatory boarding school that has a keen focus on academics and unique life experiences. All of our students go on to enjoy amazing success in higher education. To find out more, call us at (435) 353-4498.