Cedar Ridge Academy | A Private Therapeutic Boarding School for College Preparatory Students
A College Preparatory Boarding School for U.S. and International Students
Cedar Ridge Academy is an accredited, private, international college preparatory therapeutic boarding school for struggling students. Nestled in the rural serenity of the Uinta Mountain foothills, near Roosevelt, Utah, our therapeutic boarding school provides a safe, drug free learning environment for college bound students. Since 1996, the Cedar Ridge Academy program has emphasized increased autonomy and self-management in the pursuit of educational and behavioral excellence.
Cedar Ridge’s therapeutic coed boarding school’s highly skilled staff and licensed professionals collaborate to create an environment appropriate for positive life changes. The safety and wellbeing of our students is paramount and directly influences each individualized academic plan and therapeutic goal.
What Sets Us Apart from Other Private Schools
1) Blended Learning and “self paced” academics: Students at Cedar Ridge Academy have a blend of academic experiences including: traditional teacher lead instruction, one on one teacher tutoring, and “online” class instruction that can be watched repeatedly and or paused so the student can ask questions, or look up information.
2) Academic Mastery: Students must complete each assignment, quiz, and test with a minimum score of 80% before being allowed to move forward in the curriculum. When a student scores less than 80% they are required to repeat that assignment, quiz, or test.
3) Integrated Therapy: Students at Cedar Ridge Academy have the advantage of onsite professional Therapists to help students explore success beyond the classroom, and enhance self management.
4) Diet and Exercise:
- Cedar Ridge Academy integrates dietician planned meals and snacks helping to ensure your students nutritional needs are being met.
- Cedar Ridge Academy students have weekly Shotokan Karate classes and scheduled Physical Education classes during the school day. The students also have a variety of extracurricular sports they can participate in including basketball, golf, volleyball, and fast pitch softball.
Choosing the Right Therapeutic Boarding School
Struggling youth need a caring and supportive place that allows for growth into a successful young adult. The Cedar Ridge Therapeutic Boarding School admissions counselors will guide you through the application process and answer your questions. We understand the stress that a family endures as they watch their teenager struggle; our school is dedicated to helping the family receive the support they need.
Once enrolled at Cedar Ridge Academy, your student will attend a safe, structured preparatory boarding school setting allowing for accelerated learning. Cedar Ridge Academy offers a flexible but rigorous curriculum designed specifically to enhance academic pursuits. Our blended learning environment allows the academic team to tailor a specific learning plan to meet the needs of each individual student.
Student Profile / Common Goals
- Academic Success
- Relationship Building
- Self Awareness
- Relaxation Techniques
- Increased Motivation
- Increased Self-Worth
- Self Control
- Physical Fitness
- Life Skills
Our therapeutic boarding school has been helping families since 1996. If your teenager working on one or more of these goals, give us a call today at our office: 435-353-4498 or for admissions, call toll free: 866-471-6629.